Southwest High School has two different health services that it offers; a Southwest school nurse & a School Based Clinic that is funded through the Minneapolis Health Department.
The school nurse office is located in room W119 and is open
7:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Please check in with class and come with a pass.
School Based Clinic (SBC)
How it works
The Minneapolis School Based Clinics are here for you. Our services are available to all Minneapolis Public High School students.
Most clinics offer:
- Medical services
- Mental health services
- Health education
- Nutrition education and services
- COVID-19 testing and vaccines
Check with the clinic in your school to see the services they offer.
We do not want cost to be a barrier for students to access our services.
- No clients will be turned away based on insurance status.
- We do not charge clients or their parents for any medical services received in our clinics.
- Only mental health clients who have private insurance will be requested to pay copays and deductibles. We offer sliding fee scales for mental health services.
- If insurance does not cover the cost of the service, we will not bill you.
Privacy matters. We follow all Health Privacy (HIPAA) requirements. We know that sometimes being in school adds another level of concern. Your business stays in the clinic.
Visit Room E021
Open when school is in session
Please check in with teacher and come with a pass.